Taking a break in proctored exam
Need to take a break?
I have taken a few exams this week, and noticed that there is now a “take a break” option available.
I didn’t really know the how it worked, so I didn’t use it but I decided to do a bit of research and found out the following:
- This was made available in 2022 so I’m clearly not that observant!
- You can take a break at any time by hitting the take a break button.
- The exam timer WILL NOT STOP.
- You can take a break for as long as you want and can even take multiple breaks.
- Once a break is started, you will not be able to go back to questions that you have already answered!!
- You cannot take a break during a lab, or the problem solution sections.
Review questions before going on a break
So the main thing to remember is that you cannot go back to questions that you have already answered. Once you indicate you wish to go on a break, you will be presented with a summary of the questions that you have answered which will give you a chance to review them and ensure you are happy with your responses before going on a break.
A really useful feature
This is a super useful feature! Hopefully you won’t need to use it but it’s good to know that it’s there if you need it. You can read more details and see some examples here .