Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
PassedYesterday I passed exam DP-300 obtaining the Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administrator Associate accreditation.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: plan and implement data platform resources; implement a secure environment; monitor, configure, and optimize database resources; configure and manage automation of tasks; and plan and configure a high availability and disaster recovery (HA/DR) environment.
- Plan and implement data platform resources (20–25%)
- Implement a secure environment (15–20%)
- Monitor, configure, and optimize database resources (20–25%)
- Configure and manage automation of tasks (15–20%)
- Plan and configure a high availability and disaster recovery (HA/- DR) environment (20–25%)
Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administrator Associate
As a candidate for this certification, you should have subject matter expertise in building database solutions that are designed to support multiple workloads built with:
- SQL Server on-premises
- Azure SQL services
You’re a database administrator who manages on-premises and cloud databases built with SQL Server and Azure SQL services.
As the Azure database administrator, you implement and manage the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built on SQL Server and Azure SQL services. You use a variety of methods and tools to perform and automate day-to-day operations, including applying knowledge of using Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and other tools for administrative management purposes.
You’re responsible for the following concerning database solutions:
- Performance monitoring and optimization
You evaluate and implement migration strategies for moving databases between Azure and on-premises. Plus, you work with Azure data engineers, Azure solution architects, Azure developers, data scientists, and other professionals to manage operational aspects of data platform solutions.
As a candidate for this certification, you should have knowledge of and experience with:
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines (Windows and Linux)
- You can view the latest details on the certification here.
- You can view the latest details of the exam here here.
- You can view my certificate here.